Since 2002 the teams that have participated in the First Responders Coup have raised over $50,000 in donations.
The First Responders Cup Tournament is pleased to announce donation awards as the result of the 2013 Tournament. To date the First Responders Cup Tournament is thankful to be able to donate $7,500 to our charities this year. Thank You to all our participants and supporters.
- The USS Arlington 9/11 Memorial - Funds donated to this charity will be used to create an everlasting memorial to the heroic actions of our First Responders on September 11, 2001 with a memorial in the USS Arlington Naval Vessel that will serve the lifetime of this United States Naval Vessel - Two Thousand Dollars.
- The United States Army Officers Wives Association of Greater Washington - Funds donated to this charity are used to directly support the families of Armed Services Members. - Two thousand Dollars.
- The Arlington County Policy Department Family and Friends - Funds donated to this charity are used to to directly support the families and members of the Arlington County Police Department in need. - Two Thousand Dollars.
- The Wintergreen Adaptive Sports Foundation - Funds donated to charity will be used to provide for special rehabilitative winter sports activities for disabled returning veterans of our Armed Services - Fifteen Hundred Dollars.
In 2012, despite an abbreviated tournament due to Hurricane Sandy, $6,000 was donated to First Responders Charities.These donations were made to:
- The Old Guard Ladies Association which provides for the care of the families and dependents of our Service personnel serving with the United States 3rd Army Old Guard overseas in the amount of $2,000
- The Arlington County Police Beneficiary Association which provides for the support of the families and dependents of Arlington County Policy Personnel in the amount of $2,000.
- The Wintergreen Foundation which provides for the rehabilitation of returning disabled veterans of our Armed Forces whom are returning home in the amount of $2,000.
With your continued support, we hope to continue to try to show our support for our First Responders in the Police, Fire, Sheriff departments as well as to our Armed Service Personnel. We want them to know that we have not forgotten them. We enclose the note of gratitude sent this year by the Wintergreen foundation.